Councils & Communities
Councils and communities of practice (CoP) are special-interest groups within the FM profession which are concerned with industry-specific types of facilities and job responsibilities. Transcending geographic boundaries, councils and CoPs enable members to interact with other professionals specializing in a particular FM practice or who work in the same business sector.
IFMA National Councils
- City & Country Clubs
- Corporate Real Estate
- Environmental Health & Safety
- FM Consultants
- Health Care
- Information Technology
- Public Sector
- Research & Development
IFMA National also offers four Communities of Practice
- Hospitality (FM & Engineering)
- Restaurant/Food Service
As an IFMA member, you may join one or more of these unique communities. Most Councils and Communities of Practice offer the following benefits:
- Newsletters: Covering current industry-specific council and CoP news and member articles on “hot topics.”
- Directories: Membership rosters are available to all council and CoP members.
- Online Community Discussion Forums: Connect with fellow council and CoP members and discuss benchmarking and best practices at http://www.ifmacommunity.org.
- Webinars: A venue for learning, discussing and sharing industry-specific topics of interest. View the webinar calendar here.
- Web sites: Frequently updated to keep council and CoP members current on the latest activities and discussions.
- Seminars and Conferences: Most councils and CoPs will meet in October at IFMA’s World Workplace Conference & Expo. Council and CoP on-site meetings are held in the spring.